Automation Techniques design engineering systems and automate manufacturing process/plants. Based in Bay of Plenty, they do however service nationally, providing expertise in laser imaging, CAD design, Servo motors etc. Specialising in line lasers for use in the timber industry.
POWERGLIDE LIFTS & ELEVATORS
Powerglide Elevators began manufacturing hydraulic elevators and Lifts 18 years ago. As you would expect, things have progressed substantially since then.
Installation methods have been refined and simplified
Manufacturing and Assembly methods have been improved
Extensive use of new industrial technology as meant massive improvements in speed and noise control
And it hasn't stopped there. We want every Power-glide Lift and Elevator customer to know that they are receiving an elevator that utilises only the most energy efficient, reliable, and value-for-money product available at the time of installation. We never stop looking at ways to improve our product.
BLUEBERRY PACKING EQUIPMENT
One of our many successes has been the development of a punnet packing machine for packing blueberries. chestnuts, cherry tomatoes, walnuts, mussels and various other nuts and products. We have 2 types of machines available. The type 1 machine is a rotary machine which is ideally suited to a small grower who wants to pack about 50 trays/hour of blueberries.(A tray normally contains 12 punnets at 125grams).
During the 15 years we have been involved in a number of world first innovations in the plywood industry.
Over the years we have been involved in some really quite different projects (see projects Page on website):
* A machine to make baby carrots from reject carrots.
* A machine to turn marine silts into stable fill to lock up heavy metals.
* V8 race car simulators that move on a hydraulic system to simulate a real race car.
Automation Techniques also designs and makes products for all sorts of industries, what is included in our site is by no means an exhaustive list.
* Fruit Packing
* Home Automation & Building Management Systems (BMS)
* Honey Processing Equipment
* Canting Keels
* Canning Machines
* V8 Simulators
* Line Laser
TESTING AND CALIBRATION SERVICES
Automation Techniques offers several services for testing and calibration.
* Appliance testing and tagging, we have a top of the line appliance testing and tagging system which allows us to tag and test and also to produce full reports to customers on such things as test results, when next tests are due, appliance register, etc...
* Thermal imaging of switchboards etc to track hot spots and find potential problems before they become major issues. Commonly used as a tool by insurance companies to insure integrity of switchboards etc.
* BMS calibration services testing of BMS systems for such things as simulated fire alarm do doors release ventilation systems work whether air flows are high enough etc..
* General instrumentation calibration control loops, temperature senders, Humidity senders, PID tuning, 4-20ma current loop simulation, voltage simulation, these and other tests are available with our data
Automation Techniques Ltd supply design and build automation services to mainly the New Zealand timber manufactures and producers with particular focus on the plywood industry.