LE PINE and CO - Taupo and Turangi -Barristers - Solicitors - Lawyers - Notary Public. Established 1953
The Le Pine & Co partners and staff of 20 offer a variety of specialised services from offices in Taupo and Turangi. The staff and partners are a happy and enthusiastic group respectful of the history of Le Pine & Co.
Le Pine & Co's main office in Taupo is tastefully appointed including lift access. The office has secure separation between public and work areas to assist maintenance of client confidentiality.
Le Pine & Co also takes its role in the community seriously and participates in many community organisations. It supports many more.
For over 50 years Le Pine & Co has been offering legal services to the people and businesses of Taupo and the Central Plateau, becoming the largest practice in Taupo and one of the leading law firms in the region.
The name "Le Pine" originates from one of the firm's earlier partners, Raymond Horton "Tiny" Le Pine who was a partner in the Napier firm Le Pine Morrissey and McParland in the 1940s.
Tiny Le Pine had a bach in Taupo and visited frequently from the 1930s. There were no solicitors in Taupo (apart from a retired solicitor Garnet Arrowsmith who no longer practiced) and Tiny Le Pine was increasingly called upon to establish an office in Taupo.
He decided to do so in 1953 when it was anticipated a Borough would be established in place of the Taupo Town Board. The Borough was finally constituted under the Municipal Corporations Act in 1954.
In 1953 an 1880s cottage in Heu Heu Street was acquired by the partners of the firm (then called "R H Le Pine & Co") and opened initially as a branch office of the Napier firm. Under the guidance of its Taupo partners the office later became an independent legal practice.
The Le Pine name has continued to be attached to this, one of Taupo(TM)s early pioneering businesses.